My mum has been making lots of these biscuits lately so I thought I’d share the recipe with you lovely people.
- 150g self-raising flour
- 150g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
Prep: 20 mins, Cook: 10 mins
- Set oven at 160 degrees (gas mark 3).
- Sift flours and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix into firm dough. Lift onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth. Roll to approximately 5mm of thickness. Cut into shapes and place on a greased oven tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden colour, 10-15 mins. Let cool and harden.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk (optional).